Final Exam Study Guide
Give Short answers for each of the following
• Describe the characteristics of team serial killers: leader/follower, relationships, female involvement, victim selection, psychiatric problems, number of victims
• Female serial killers: how presented in films, motivations, victim selection, MO, Heckert/Ferraiolo study
• In killers of children what are the male reasons, female reasons for killing?
• Victim facilitation in serial killing, being at risk
• List the Types of profiling
• Geographic profiling – Name 4 offender styles
• Define organized profile vs. disorganized profiles of serial killers
• Define Female serial killer typologies. And how do they more difficult to identify, capture, and prosecute?
• What is the utility of profiling? Problems with profiling?
• Solo serial killers v. team killers
• Describe the role of abandonment, rejection, loss, humiliation, etc. in serial killers
• 3-4 sentences defining the role of media in the developing the public’s perception of serial killers.