read the Assignment and answer all the parts:
Part A: Every Manager is an HR Manager (30 Marks)
Based on what you have learned in this module, reflect on the following:
1. The role and responsibilities of HRM
2. The relationship between the HR professional and the manager
3. The role of the manager
Write a report approximately two pages in length (not more than 700 words), which should include your comments about the questions below.
1. Human Resource is every manager’s business. Why is the management of human resources key to every management job in every organization, regardless of whether there is a human resources department in the organization? (20 marks)
2. Describe your own view of how HR is managed within your organization. (10 marks)
Criteria for Evaluating Your Report
• Your report must incorporate some of the key concepts introduced in this module.
• You must demonstrate evidence of critical thinking and analysis.
• You must present a logical and persuasive argument.
• You must support your arguments with examples or illustrations from the textbook.
Part B: Responding to the Changing Environment (40 marks)
Human Resources professionals play an important role in environmental scanning to enable organizations to formulate their overall strategic business plans. Using your organization or an organization that you are familiar with, answer the following:
1. Provide brief background information about your chosen organization, including the organization’s goals and values, business activity/activities, number of employees, etc. (5 marks)
2. Conduct a SWOT analysis for your organization identifying the organization’s internal strengths and weaknesses as well as the external opportunities and threats.
3. Comment on the business challenges and trends affecting your organization today, including changing demographics, increasing workforce diversity, aging employees, skills shortages, etc. (25 marks)
4. Explain the organizations’ key goals for the next year and explain how it will achieve these goals through effective management and organization of its people.
5. Will changes in staffing levels be needed; are employees with new skills be required? (10 marks)
Part C: The Legal Environment (30 marks)
Research the employment legislation in the jurisdiction you are working in. Explain the implications of these laws on HRM policies and practices that you encounter. To assist you in answering the questions, refer to Chapter 2 of your textbook, and also Topic 4 of Module 1. Your written answer should not be more than two pages or 500 words.
Parts of the assignments in this course ask you to link concepts to your own experience. Students with no formal work experience or a limited background working in an organization may consult friends or family members, or may wish to research an organization they hope to work for in the future.
Note: for the eText go to https://www.pearsonmylabandmastering.com/northamerica/mymanagementlab/
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order