: Case Study (Individual)
Brief description: Produce and present a pamphlet that addresses a specific industrial relations issue.
Submission: Hard copy – in class to you tutor
Electronic copy – via UTSOnline to Turnitin
Task Overview: You are required to take the point of view of a stakeholder (ie government department/agency, company, trade union, employer association etc) and produce a pamphlet that presents the remedy or steps for a target group/audience (eg expecting parents, mature age workers, trade union members, employers, managers within a company etc) to take in response to a current industrial relations issue.
You are required to present and explain your pamphlet in class to a group of students. In addition, you are required to evaluate the pamphlets presented by other students.
Deliverables: Double sided A4 (folded to DL envelope size) pamphlet – 6 copies
Student name and student number on pamphlet
MSWord or WordPerfect file for submission to Turnitin
• The purpose of the pamphlet is to inform/educate/instruct/influence the target group/audience.
• You can choose to do the same issue as in your essay or something different.
• The pamphlet must be factual and may include supporting data. You must provide the sources of your information in a clear but reader friendly way.
• The pamphlet should present the rights and/or responsibilities of the target group/audience in accordance with industrial relations legislation (eg Fair Work Act 2009, Industrial Relations Act 1996, Work Health Safety, human rights), regulations, industrial instruments or policy. You must include/make reference to the relevant sections of legislation or clauses of instruments as appropriate.
• The pamphlet must be in your own words, Turnitin will check the similarity of your pamphlet with other sources.
• You grade will be based on your fellow students’ evaluations in relation to the assessment criteria, moderated by the lecturer.
Currently 2 writers are viewing this order