Basic Considerations in the Assessment Process for FAPE
Support your statements with evidence from the Required Studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA 6th edition style.
Based on your reading from the text (Salvia et al., 2013), Required Studies, and your own experience, post an overview of your understanding of the basic considerations in the assessment process. Address at least three of the following in your response:
1. How do the major components of IDEA (individualized educational plan, least restrictive environment, protection in evaluation procedures, and due process) influence assessment practices?
2. List and briefly describe the seven types of decisions made by teachers using assessment information.
3. Describe the sequence of tasks that take place at the pre-referral, eligibility, and re-evaluation stages of the assessment process.
4. Describe IDEA and NCLB protections related the assessment and evaluation of students with disability’s with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
5. Explain reasons why assessment is important to take individual differences into account as teachers strive to help students succeed.