- Responses should be roughly 300 words each.
- Use 12 pt. Times New Roman font, double-spaced
- Any and all quotations or paraphrases must be cited.
- You may use parenthetical or footnote citations, whichever you prefer.
- For the Mill text, simply cite the page number.
- For any other sources provide either parenthetical or footnote citation in the response and then include a works cited list at the end of that response with the complete publication info.
From the following five questions, select and respond to any combined two of them, and answer only those two. (note: if you feel you’ve fully answered a question and it is significantly below 300 words, you can try going into greater detail or further elaborating the reasoning or process behind your findings.)
- Describe Nietzsche’s method of “genealogy,” and reflect on the types of philosophical insights it can furnish.
- When Nietzsche begins describing the “priestly caste” (who represent “slave morality”) he states that it introduced an “essentially dangerous form of human existence.” (33) What do you think he means by this? And what for him are the implications of such a development?