AREAS FOR DISCUSSION:
- Using the Market Summary and Market Segment Scenario Reports, discuss the strategy used by your company for its various products and identify/explain the key metrics that were achieved.
- Using the Market Summary and Market Segment Scenario Reports, discuss the growth potential for the five markets. Which one(s) would you recommend that your company consider entering/exiting and provide a rationale(s) for doing so.
- Using the Manufacturing Responsiveness Report, discuss the capacity allocations of your company, with attention to plant/workforce capacity, raw material stockout, breakdowns, and idle time.
- Using the Manufacturing Responsiveness Report, discuss your company’s production processes and your key metrics versus your competitors
- Using the Manufacturing Quality Report, discuss your company’s workforce metrics and describe the compensation/training strategy used over the years.
- Describe your company’s strategy for paying dividends and repurchasing stock and the results that were experienced.
- Describe a few of the team’s “key defining moments” during the simulation. What happened? What was done in response? Did it work? If not, what did the team do next?
- What was your biggest “takeaway” from your simulation experience?
- What recommendations would you make to future students using the Mikes Bikes Simulation?