Community Assessment guide las vegas, NV
Below are color coordinated sections that are to be researched and completed in full by each member of the group. The Southern Nevada Health District is the primary health district of Las Vegas, and information and links are provided at the end of the document. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The U.S. Census Bureau, and other outside resources can be used to gather data for the community assessment guide- just be sure to site the source appropriately so we can use it in the PowerPoint.
· Interaction of community members (e.g., friendliness, openness, bullying, prejudices, etc.).
· Vulnerable populations:
o Why are they vulnerable?
o How does this impact health?
· Power groups (church council, student council, administration, PTA, and gangs):
o How do they hold power?
o Positive or negative influence on community?
· Harassment policies/discrimination policies.
· Relationship with broader community:
o Fire/EMS (response time)
o Other (food drives, blood drives, missions, etc.)
· Relationships and behavior among community members.
· Educational offerings/programs (e.g., growth and development, STD/AIDS education, contraception, abstinence, etc.).
· Access to birth control.
· Birth rates, abortions, and miscarriages (if applicable).
· Access to maternal child health programs and services (crisis pregnancy center, support groups, prenatal care, maternity leave, etc.).
· Delinquency/violence issues.
· Crime issues/indicators.
· Poverty issues/indicators.
· CPS or APS abuse referrals: Compare with previous years.
· Drug abuse rates, alcohol use, and abuse: Compare with previous years.
· Stress management resources (e.g., hotlines, support groups, etc.).
· Prevalent mental health issues/concerns:
o How does the community deal with mental health issues
o Mental health professionals within community and usage
· Disaster planning:
o Past disasters
o Drills (what, how often)
o Planning committee (members, roles)
o Crisis intervention plan
Here are some links I found to help get us started:
Southern Nevada Health District:
Permits & Regulations: http://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/permits.php
Disease statistics & Reports: http://www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/stats-reports/index.php
United States Census Bureau:
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT DISPLAYED ON THE WEBSITE AND GET A DISCOUNT FOR YOUR PAPER NOW!