Select one (1) of the scenarios on which to focus your informative paper. Research the topic and include credible sources to support claims. Identify your purpose clearly, incorporate audience needs, establish a desired tone, and organize information and / or claims effectively.
- Your boss has asked you (a communication specialist) to write an informative paper about the free clinic that will be opening in your local neighborhood for those without medical insurance. Describe the process and benefits of the program for the public.
- The state school board chairperson has asked you (a consultant on health and wellness) to write an informative paper about the recent changes to the national breakfast and lunch program to improve nutrition and health. Describe the process and benefits of the programs for parents.
- The director of a local domestic violence shelter has asked you (a board member and volunteer for the organization) to write an informative paper about your local organization’s program. Describe the process and benefits of the program for the community members.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Provide a clear thesis statement.
- Describe the process (decisions, steps) involved in the program.
- Explain the benefits of the program.
- Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Provide three (3) relevant and credible sources to support claims. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.