The final case in this course explores some of the concerns manager face as they adapt to an increasingly technological environment. The Case “How Starbucks is Changing to a Digital and Social Enterprise” is a thought provoking case and may challenge you to consider some of the actions to take if placed in similar circumstances. The case can be found at https://sites.google.com/site/efraimturban/online-files Chapter 1 or at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01kmYbW3pyfbmlmNVNiOVowd1E/edit?pli=1
- How is Starbucks changing to a Digital and Social Enterprise? What are the drivers for this change?
- In what ways you think Starbucks increases its brand recognition with its E-Commerce initiatives?
- Is the E-Commerce system bringing Starbucks closer to its customers? Is it changing consumer behavior? Why and why not?
Note: this case study was selected from the book Electronic Commerce
A Managerial and Social Networks Perspective by Turban, E., King, D., Lee, J,. Liang, T., & Turban, D. For more info see: http://www.gallaugher.com/chapters
The Case should be 4-5 pages for the answer, excluding cover page and reference list.
Your assignments will be graded following these expectations:
- Precision: the questions asked are answered.
- Clarity: Your responses are clear and show your good understanding of the topic.
- Breadth and depth: The scope covered in your paper is directly related to the questions of the assignment and the learning objectives of the module.
- Critical Thinking: It is important to read the “required readings” posted in the background material plus others you find relevant. Your paper should include relevant concepts from these readings and incorporate your reactions and examples that illustrate your reflective judgment and good understanding of the concepts.
- Your paper meets the page requirements, not counting the cover page or the references pages.