Consider the following scenario: The General Secretary of the FDA has tasked you with developing an educational flier on the nutritional needs for a specific stage of life.
Research your topics using online sources, such as the Food and Drug Administration or the U.S. Department of Agriculture; and local sources, such as farmers’ markets, for content and nutrition suggestion for the ad.
Create a public service ad, with appropriate images, to be printed in the Sunday edition of your newspaper. Include the following points:
- Identify the nutritional needs for a developing embryo and fetus and how to obtain them.
- Identify health concerns or disease associated with poor nutrition during the gestation period.
- Provide examples of good and bad nutritional choices for baby and mom.
- Once the baby is born, address the pros and cons of breastfeeding versus formula-feeding.
- Make recommendations for where readers might search for more information regarding nutrition. Remember to determine and choose credible sources of nutritional information