You will create an entire Transformational Change Management Plan for a medium-sized public company that has lost business to a competitor that has chosen
to outsource much of its production operations. The company has been based in a small Midwestern town, it is one of the largest employers, and it has an
excellent reputation for employee welfare. It is now planning to do the very same offshoring, which will involve large lay-offs of long-term employees.
The Key Assignment
The project deliverables are as follows:
2. What is driving the need for this transformational change?
3. Theories of Change Management
4. Communication Plan
5. Implementation Plan
Create an APA title page and the following sections:
1. Introduction (250-300 words) You will research and find an example of a firm that is going through the transformational change of offshoring much of its
production activities. The first part of the plan will be the Introduction. Context for the introduction includes the following:
What is offshoring?
How were the stakeholders affected?
What initiated the change?
How well has it been received or accepted, and why?
2. What is driving the need for this transformational change? (300-500 words)
Why is this considered a transformational change?
Why can the firm not just keep doing what it has been doing?
What is management’s role in the transformational change?
Are there easier alternatives to accomplish the goal of remaining competitive?
3. Theories of Change Management (200-400 words)
Discuss at least 3 theories of change management (eg. Kotter, Lewin, Nadler, action research, and appreciative inquiry).
Include specific pros and cons of each.
What is the best way to ensure the implementation of an organizational change?
4. Communication Plan (100-150 words):
What stakeholders require communication?
What will be communicated to them?
Who will send the communication?
What communication medium will be used?
5. Implementation Plan (400-600 words)
Include the following context in the implementation plan:
A. Major implementation steps
B. Key criteria for success
C. Summary of Weeks 1-5
D. Rollout: Any risk considerations to the implementation