Incumbent is the Staff Support Assistant to the Prime Care Administrative Officer. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates Prime Care Veteran Satisfaction program to include extracting, analyzing, generating and communicating data
- Provides advice and guidance on the interpretation of administrative directives and instructions
- Identifies and resolves problems arising from internal administrative management activities
- Maintains, monitors and tracks records/files, prepares documents and recruitment actions
- Assist with the analysis of annual training needs and requirements of employees to ensure required training is accomplished
- Reviews and analyzes existing reports and directives and advises personnel of revised polices and procedures consistent with such directives
- Conducts studies/special projects
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is experience which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and which is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of Specialized Experience include: coordinating personnel actions; maintaining personnel records/files, preparing documents and recruitment actions; conduct studies; coordinate/tracking of reports and training; maintain suspense systems to ensure items assigned for action are completed and submitted on time. Candidates must possess one (1) full year of specialized experience with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the Staff Assistant, GS-09 position and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to the GS-07 level in Federal service to qualify at the GS-09 level.
Put the competency in essay format Bachelors in Psychology and Masters in Health Administration and Post Grad Doctoral in Health Administration-all course work completed in dissertation phase. I have 3 years of experience.
Competency 1 – Knowledge of clinical and administrative protocols required to meet the established goals and objectives of the Medical Care Line and the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC).
Competency 2 – Knowledge of medical terminology required to perform as works pertain to various medical subjects/processes.
Competency 3 – Ability to communicate orally and in writing, tactfully and courteously, with people from varied backgrounds.
Competency 4 – Ability to provide leadership skills in order to effectively move complex organizations and diverse people to a unified and progressive direction toward outcomes.
Competency 5 – Ability to analyze and define opportunities for improvement, collect necessary data and take appropriate action in support of program implementation.
Competency 6 – Skill in organizing and communicating ideas and thoughts effectively through written correspondence and oral presentation.