It is very important to get approval for the movies you choose. Unapproved movies will not receive credit.
Choose a movie from Week 4 movie list. Your selected movie MUST be different than the one you reviewed on previous weeks.
Select: You need to review TWO movies for this week. Your two movies must be selected from two different geners that are included in week four movie list. (You might have done this in Week three),
Submit: Your selected movies for approval under Week Three Movie Selection Thread
Watch your approved two movies (comedy, horror, etc
Create minimum of 8 slides, using Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (excluding references and title) describing your selected genres and how your chosen films fit or do not not fit the standard model of the genres
Include the following:
- Description of your selected genres
- Description of the films’ following components:
- Summary of the film’s story
- Setting & lighting
- Makeup & costumes
- Music & sound
- Discussion of the films as either typical or atypical of their respective genres and how each film’s components support your view
Address social context aspects of films as discussed in Ch. 10 of Film by writing the following for inclusion on one Microsoft® PowerPoint® slide:
- Discuss your films in terms of its social context. What influences from their time period are present in the films? Consider how the films might be different were they made in another time and places. Why and how would they be different?
All slides must have images. All of your slides must have descriptive Speaker Notes.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines. You must have at least two references.
Post your Week Four Genre Presentation to the assignment link. .
Note: Your slides need to be neat and professional. Avoid too much text on slides. A good practice is to follow a 3 by 5 method. This means each slide should have three items and each item should only have five words.