You are concerned about the growing number of international man-made and natural disasters. You are looking for information as to what you can do to assist the victims of these disasters monetarily and operationally, and to help rebuild infrastructure in the affected areas.
Use the Internet to research ongoing disasters and crises which you predict will continue to cause international challenges over the next ten (10) years.
Create an eight to ten (8-10) slide POWERPOINT PRESENTATION in which you:
- Select one (1) current man-made or natural disaster or crisis with international effects or implications. Analyze at least three (3) reasons why the disaster / crisis in question may cause continuing international challenges.
- Determine two (2) specific international government-affiliated or nonprofit organizations with the ability to assist victims of your selected disaster or crisis. Explain the nature of the role of each of these organizations in providing aid to the victims who were affected by your selected disaster or crisis.
- Speculate on two (2) obstacles that could thwart your identified organizations’ abilities to respond successfully to the selected disaster or crisis. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Suggest one (1) way in which one (1) of your selected organizations could utilize a public-private partnership to assist in emergency preparedness and planning if the selected disaster or crisis were to occur again in the future. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other related websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the slides of the PowerPoint presentation using headings on each slide (Arial size 32 font), bullet points highlighting the most important information for each topic (Arial size 20-24 font), and relevant, clear graphics where applicable.
- Format the Notes section of each slide using full paragraphs (Times New Roman size 12 font). Use the Notes section to narrate each slide as if you were actually presenting in front of an audience. Expand on the information in the bullet points in order to fully address each assignment criteria.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. Note: Title slide is not included in the required assignment slide length.
- Include a reference slide in APA 6th edition format. Note: Reference slide is not included in the required assignment slide length.