- Background of the Problem
- Needs (reasons why the budget needs to be decreased but services need to remain the same)
- Proposed Ideas (how to balance the budget and still keep the same services)
- Benefits (for the university and its students)
- Implementation (actions recommended)
- Recommendation (summary and conclusion).
Note: You should aim to generate 3-5 or more ideas under each of the above headings.
Part Two Instructions-Summarizing: As the second part of your Critical Thinking Assignment for this module, within document titled: Prewriting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing add “Summary” right after your prewriting/brainstorm. Your task is to summarize at least four paragraphs from the source you cited in the Module 2 Critical Thinking Assignment into no more than two sentences, using no direct quotations. Remember to cite your source using proper APA formatting.
Part Three Instructions-Paraphrasing: As the third part of your Critical Thinking Assignment for this module, open the Word document titled: Prewriting, Summarizing, and Paraphrasing and add this “Paraphrasing” title right after your summarizing. Your task is to paraphrase each individual sentence below and cite each one in proper APA format.
- Original – “If you incorrectly assume that all readers or listeners are experts in your field, you will create problems for yourself as well as for your readers” (Gerson & Gerson, 2010, p. 67). Paraphrase and cite.
- Original – “So far computers cannot substitute for complex forms of communication because they require the ability to interpret information within a context” (Jerald, 2009, p.58). Paraphrase and cite.
- Original – “The fundamental shift has brought a host of challenges not just for today’s managers, who have to ensure that their teams perform across significant distances, but also for the remote worker who has to stay motivated while aiming to meet targets away from the hustle and bustle of an office” (Evans, 2010, p.28). Paraphrase and cite.
- Original – “Our research suggests that a global mind-set, in which people see themselves as part of an international network, helps provide an environment that is conducive to dispersed teams” (Siebdrat, Hoegl, & Ernst 2009, p. 68). Paraphrase and cite.
- Original – “Benefits of collaboration include developing critical thinking skills, discussion and consideration of ideas, and social skills development” (Kieser & Golden, 2009, p. 42). Paraphrase and cite.