Discuss the advantages of established click-and-mortar companies such as Walmart over pure-play e-tailers such as Amazon.com. Conversely, what are the disadvantages of click-and-brick retailers as compared with pure-play e-tailers? Explain your answer in 200 words.
2. Read the article “How To Let Web Design Drive Your Marketing Strategy.” Explain why it is important to provide a strong first impression with your website. Provide a brief description of the types of content you would include on your webpage and why you would include this information.
3. In a paragraph, relate B2B to the four P’s of marketing (product, price, placement, promotion). Then, describe a B2B exchange and identify how it demonstrates the four P’s. Prepare your response in 200 wo MMMMMMMMMM 4. Read Case 6.1, EC Application – Knowledge Management at Infosys Technologies. Identify the knowledge management cycle, found in exhibit 6.6, in this case, applying each entity such as create, capture, refine, etc. to the case and briefly explaining each one. Then, explore the broader question of how knowledge management is related to e-commerce. Prepare your response in 200 words.
5. First describe how m-commerce can expand the reach of e-commerce. Then, imagine you work for a fashion retailer and are in charge of a new mobile advertising campaign designed to generate sales for a new clothing line. Explain how you would use m-commerce concepts and elements of e-commerce to meet your objective. The post should be a minimum of 200 words.
6. A business wants to share its customer account database with its trading partners and customers, while at the same time providing prospective buyers with access to marketing materials on its Web site. Assuming that the business is responsible for running all these network components, what types of security components (for example, firewalls, VPN, etc.) could be used to ensure that the partners and customers have access to the account information and others do not? What type of network configuration (for example, bastion gateway server) will provide the appropriate security? Be sure to include your rationale for each security component as well as the type of network. The post should be a minimum of 200 words.
7. Discuss the difference between accepting a payment online versus in person and describe some of the problems associated with online payments from the vendor and customer points of view. Be sure to answer the following questions:
a. How do you believe payment system benefits, complications, and complexity can help or hinder new online business owners from establishing a business online? Compare and contrast new owner scenarios with large and established businesses.
b. How do you believe customers view online payment systems?
Explain your answer in 200 words.
8. Read the Closing Case in Chapter 11, Why is Disney Funding Chinese Pirates? Give a reasoned answer to why Disney might be investing in 56.com instead of fighting with this popular Chinese file-sharing website. The post should be a minimum of 200 words.