After viewing the video, Crime and Deviance: A Social Inquiry, please address each of the following questions:
- Is crime normal in a society?
- What is the purpose of crime and punishment?
- How much crime is “enough,” and how would this be measured?
- How is crime defined?
- What problems are defined as worthy of social control?
- What is the influence of the media?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references
his discussion focuses on topics addressed in several chapters of your text – the death penalty and discrimination. Although first discussed in Chapter 2, the death penalty is also discussed in Chapter 4. Rather than thinking in rigid terms about reading assignments, please use your textbook as a resource. After reading the text and watching the video, Injustice for Blacks in Alabama, respond to each of the following questions:
- What do you think best explains high incarceration rates for Blacks compared to their percent of the general population?
- What do you think explains high incarceration rates for Blacks on death row?
- Is institutionalized racism to blame for these disparate rates? Please explain.
- Are genuinely high rates of Black crime to blame? Why or why not?
- What other factors explain the high incarceration rates for Black men?
- How can this problem be solved?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.