For this project, you need to create your own research question to conduct a hypothesis test. In doing so,
you will need to find your own data by collecting the data yourself. You will need to provide to your
instructor through Blackboard your research question and plans to collect your data by the end of Week
Write a two to three (2-3) page report in which you:
1. Calculate the mean, median, and standard deviation for the key variable.
2. Construct a 95% Confidence Interval for the key variable.
3. Conduct a hypothesis test to verify if your research claim is supported. Clearly state the logic of
your test, the calculations, and the conclusion of your test.
4. Provide the following discussion based on the conclusion of your test:
a. If you conclude that your claim is supported, speculate on three (3) reasons why the null
hypothesis is not true.
b. If you conclude that the claim is not supported or justified, provide a detailed explanation
to why such a claim might have been made.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides. No citations and references are required, but if you use them, they must follow APA
format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Calculate measurements of central tendency and dispersal.
• Determine confidence intervals for data.
• Describe the vocabulary and principles of hypothesis testing.
• Discuss application of course content to professional contexts.
• Use technological tools to solve problems in statistics.
• Write clearly and concisely about statistics using proper writing mechanics.