A critical analysis serves as a way for you to examine the different elements of popular culture discussed in this course. For your final written assignment, discuss the media forms you have written about for your previous course portfolio essays. This essay should reflect upon your experience studying each form, and make distinctions as to how each one of them uniquely reflects American popular culture.
Your essay should attempt to answer the following:
- How are all of these forms of media connected through popular culture?
- Is there one form of media that in your opinion is more powerful in affecting its audiences than the others?
- Is there one medium that is more problematic for American culture than the others?
- Your thesis should include the answer to one of the questions above, and be the focus of your essay. Evidence of library research is required.
- This essay should be 3-4 pages, in APA style, utilizing the college’s library resources. Please include at least one scholarly resource as a minimum in your essay.
Listed below are the different media forms I have written about throughout this course. I have attached the course work as a reference guide as well.
Write an essay about the cultural impact of popular music on society, and how it reflects the social issues of its time of production.
For this portfolio assignment, you are required to research and analyze a TV program that ran between 1955 and 1965.
Explain the cultural relevance of the article. How did this particular magazine article reflect and/ or attempt to manipulate the cultural values of its audience? How can you prove this?
This week, you are to write a course project portfolio essay on the issue of globalization. Give an example of a current, active website that is based in the US, which expresses the values of globalization, and analyze the site.
Analysis shows a reflection upon student’s experience studying each media form in this course, and makes distinctions as to how each one of them uniquely reflects American popular culture./50
Defines how all of these forms of media are connected through popular culture./30
Demonstrates knowledge of the problematic nature of studying American popular culture./20