- Using the illustration essays you read as examples, write a 500-word illustration essay about a topic of your choice. You may consider one of the following:
- The seriousness of global warming
- The neglect of the elderly
- The condition of secondary education
Your essay will be graded on its ability to adhere to illustration essay conventions. Does your essay assert some serious problem or point that needs to be illustrated? Does the essay present an illustration that clarifies the main point or your position on the problem? Does the conclusion connect to the opening?
You will be graded using the following categories: content, organization, grammar and style conventions, resources, references, and APA formatting. Your essay will also be graded on its development. See the flow chart on page 77 in Strategies for Writing Successful Research Papers for guidance. Be sure that you revise, proofread, and format your essay according to APA standards. S If you use outside sources, you need to use quotation marks for lifted language, as well as in-text and reference list citations. The APA organization/formatting should adhere to specifications for research papers, including the following:
- A title page that includes the title of the paper, the name of the student, and the name of the institution;
- A proper running head according to APA 6th edition guidelines found in The Citation Guide;
- One (1) academically valid source
- A reference page with a centered header of “References” properly reflecting all sources used within the text
The most reliable sources for appropriate information on the Internet will come from .gov, .edu, and .org sites or sites specifically devoted to scholarly writing, such as websites of scientific journals. Unacceptable sources are blogs, unreferenced articles, or general information from .com sites. General encyclopedias are prohibited sources and include, but are not limited to, Wikipedia, Encarta, Britannica, and World Book. If your essay is less than 500 words, you will not receive full credit, and depending on the word count, your grade may be severely impacted.
Whatever level of paper you need – college, university, research paper, term paper or just a high school paper, you can safely place an order.