This section of the manual must, at a minimum, address the following information:
- A few general facts about the U.S. population’s gender mix and the gender mix found in notable segments of the workforce should be included. Make sure to include all sources of information.
- The essence and applicability of the landmark Griggs v. Duke Power case dealing with stated job requirements should be addressed.
- Click here to read the Griggs v. Duke Power case.
- Describe how the supervisor should state minimum job requirements when he or she requests new employees to be hired into the department.
- Explain how the supervisor might communicate to his or her department (of all male employees) when a female is about to become part of the work team.