Absolutely no PLAGIARISM!!! The work will be checked using turnitin. If you are unable to meet the deadline, do not send a handshake!!!! Do not send a handshake and then want to increase your price after I have agreed. Once the down payment is made, please copy and paste the work so that I can remove it from the site. Thank you
Who has the most influence on crime control policy? The president? The governor? Our representatives?
“Without someone to implement it, policy is nothing more than words on a page. Furthermore, what is written as policy is often more theory than reality, because implementing a policy at the street-level is seldom as neat and clean as it appears on the page.”
First, select a crime control policy (e.g., the three-strikes law, legalization of recreational use of marijuana, combatting terrorism and the Patriot Act, gang initiatives, or gun control, etc.). In your paper:
- Summarize the key elements of the selected crime control policy.
- Explain the political process that sets the foundation for the selected crime control policy.
- Examine the role of the federal government when it comes to formulating crime control policy.
- Discuss how the U.S. Congress influences crime control policy of the states and ensures consistency of laws among the states (Note: Traditionally, crime control legislation falls under state legislatures).
Your paper must:
- Be three pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
- Use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.