- Explain your home state’s laws that prohibit conduct that would be considered predatory.
- Analyze the classification of the crimes and punishments (misdemeanors or felonies).
- Describe the types of punishments (mandatory or discretionary).
- Based on the statutes you researched, evaluate whether mere solicitation of improper activities is enough for a prosecution or whether there must be physical contact to gain a conviction.
- Analyze the statutes and their varying sentencing severity on sexual predators. Provide your opinion on the adequacy of the statutes.
Note: If you cannot locate your state’s statutes, please research Florida’s. (mine is Oregon)
The paper must be three to four pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) andormatted according to APA style. You must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the textbook to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page.