In this assignment, students will respond to a short case study demonstrating an understanding of an ethical dilemma and the ethical theories presented in the course.
Required Elements of Assignment #1 – Making an Ethical Decision:
- Read critically and analyze the scenario provided;
- Answer the question, “What would you do?;”
- To answer the question, students must identify the ethical dilemma;
- Apply at least three theories to make the decision;
- Compare and contrast your results using the three theories;
- Choose the result that you consider to be the best resolution of the dilemma and explain why; Required Formatting of Assignment #1:
- This paper should be double-spaced, 12-point font, and three to four pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Title page;
- Introductory paragraph and a summary paragraph;
- Use headings to demarcate your discussion;
- Write in the third person;
- Use APA formatting for in-text citations and a reference page. You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes. Deductions will be taken when quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
- Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.
Case Study is attached. Also the theories are on this website: http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~cp28/ethterm.htm