1. Superbowl Commercials (http://www.superbowl-commercials.org/). The site supports the Super Bowl Advertising discussion for this week.
2. American Marketing Association, AMA – The site supports the AMA discussion for this week.
To participate in the following Discussion Forums, go to this week’s Discussion link in the left navigation:
- Super Bowl AdvertisingSuper Bowl commercials cost millions of dollars (as an example, companies paid an average of $2.6 million for 30 seconds of airtime in Super Bowl XLIV for the chance to reach a projected audience of 90 million viewers worldwide). View the latest Super Bowl ads. Identify which ad you believe was the most effective for domestic and international markets and why. Respond to two of your classmates and discuss whether you believe their choices would be successful for domestic and international markets. Why or why not?
- AMAVisit the American Marketing Association, AMA, website and review the statement of ethics. Identify two companies that you believe integrate corporate social marketing in their overall strategic marketing plan. Provide examples. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
To complete this assignment, go to this week’s Final Marketing Plan link in the left navigation:
The Marketing MixSelect an existing product and identify its target market. Describe how each variable of the marketing mix (product, price, place, and promotion) is being executed. Address at least three elements of each variable.Focus of The Marketing Mix In a six- to eight-page paper (not including the title and reference pages) consider the following:
- What features do customers care most about?
- How are the key features and benefits better or worse than those of competing products?
- How do consumers choose and use products in this category?
- How is the product branded?
Price: How is this product priced relative to competing products?
- What is the rationale for employing this pricing strategy?
- Are there pricing discounts (e.g., wholesalers, bulk)?
- Where is the product sold and why have those locations been selected?
- Do the locations give adequate accessibility to the target market?
- Are products sold online as well? Is there transparency between online and brick-and-mortar outlets?
- What marketing communications does this company use to promote the product?
- Describe the advertising, personal selling, public relations, and direct marketing efforts.
- What main messages are portrayed to consumers? What is emphasized? What is the image?
Provide recommendations for the marketing mix. For example, should the advertising be changed or should the product be distributed differently?
You must use at least three scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook, to support your descriptions and recommendations. Your paper needs to be formatted according to APA style guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Writing The Marketing Mix
The Marketing Mix
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must present information with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center to document all sources.
- Must include a minimum of three scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook, to support your analysis and recommendations.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.