Imagine you are considering the possibility of operating a small business or practice related to health care, either as a provider of some sort of care or as a service intended to support various provider organizations in their care-delivery activities. Initial post must be a minimum of 250 words.
- Describe the kind of entity you plan to establish by stating the service or services you propose to deliver and the kinds of clients or customers you would be serving.
- Write a few sentences offering compelling reasons for your proposed venture, explaining why you believe it is needed and by whom it is needed. Also discuss any competition you foresee.
- Develop an estimate of how much money you will require to become established in business, and state how you would finance your venture. Also discuss your plans for maintaining your budget.
- Create a mission or vision statement for your organization.
Discussion 2: Committees and Teams
Select either Option A or Option B to respond to and indicate within your post which option you chose. Initial post must be a minimum of 250 words.
Option A: Identify what you believe are the top three challenges in setting up a hospital-based committee from a managerial perspective. In a 250- to 300-word post, discuss your rationale and address the following questions:
- Why are committees advantageous for health care organizations?
- What are some of the steps that you as a manager, could take to overcome these challenges?
- How would you address conflict and/or divisiveness within the committee or team?
Option B: Committees have been determined as a necessary component to health care organizations. As a manager, you have been tasked to set up a committee with one of the hospital departments. In doing so, consider the following questions:
- How much influence should the committee have in the overall management structure?
- How would you maintain authority without adopting an autocratic leadership style?
- How would you set up an employee team without violating union and labors laws?